The Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act, 2015
  Where to get help:  

If the complainant is not represented by counsel (a lawyer), the police officer who received hid or her complaint must inform the complainant of the protection he or she is entitled to. With the consent of the complainant, the complaint may be brought on behalf of his or her behalf by any person who has interest in his or her well-being (police officer, protection officer, an accredited service provider, counselor, health service provider, social worker or teacher).